Groupe de Bruges is an independent network on European agricultural and rural policies, actively facilitating the knowledge transfer process towards improving the rural environment. We view our main function as providing an independent, constructive and positive criticism of the CAP.
Groupe de Bruges is now seeking interns for a six months period from May – October 2011. Internships are for undergraduate or graduate students with a keen interest in specific areas of GdB`s current work.
Periods and deadlines
The internships are scheduled to start on May 15th with an ending date on October 15th.
Two vacancies are currently available.
The deadline for applications is May 01st.
Purpose of the internship
The purposes of the internships are:
- Provide the interns with experience in current agriculture and rural policy issues at European level, with links to different areas of expertise suck as policy advisory, project management, lobbying, advocacy and an insight into the work of Groupe de Bruges;
- Permit Groupe de Bruges to benefit from the assistance and positive contribution of selected interns.
Interns will be involved directly or indirectly in: researching policy issues related to the GdB activity, write articles, briefings and other materials for publication, website or other purposes, help organize meeting and other events related to the GdB projects, create a web-based information platform on relevant issues (public goods, rural development, rural migration etc.)
Qualifications and experience
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent experience) in international development, European affairs, communication, computer science or related subject;
- Knowledge of policy issues related to agriculture, rural development, food systems, agricultural systems or related subject;
- Excellent command of English (preferably mother tongue). Additional languages an asset.
- Excellent grasp of technical issues and ability to make them understandable to non-specialist audience.
- Proven research skills and ability to work with spreadsheets and conduct analysis;
- Some experience with public relations, communications or journalism.
- Having completed an internship in an EU institution, non-governmental organization or consultancy will be highly valued.
- Ability to work independently and good time management skills.
- Possess basic knowledge of website content management systems and social media.
Please apply only if you meet the above requirements.
This is a 6-month unpaid intern positions. The successful applicants will receive a letter of recommendation at the end of the internship based on his performance.
The starting date is as soon as possible, preferably not later than end May 2011.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV in English to Codrin Paveliuc-Olariu by May 1st 2011 ([email protected]). Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject of your email.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.