The Universität Bern offers six Excellence Grants for international students who wish to do a Master’s programme beginning in autumn 2011/2012.
The grant consists of 1600 CHF per month for the duration of the Master’s programme.
Application files will be examined by a selection committee. Criteria for selection are academic excellence and the candidate’s potential and motivation.
- Applicants must have graduated at the latest by end of July 2011 with at least a Bachelor’s degree in the wished field of study
- This Bachelor’s or Master’s degree must be from a non-Swiss university
- The applicants permanent place of residence up to now must be outside of Switzerland
The applicant’s file must include the following in duplicate:
- Application form (see downloads)
- Curriculum vitae (max. 5000 characters without blanks)
- Letter of motivation with objectives
- 2 letters of recommendation from professors of your current home university (with institutional letter paper and signature)
- Evidence of sufficient language proficiency in German or English according to the language of instruction of the intended Master’s programme (German: C1; English: B2) (see European self assessment grid in the Downloads)
- Original certified copies of Bachelor Diploma and Transcript of grades obtained during Bachelor ‘s studies or recent confirmation (max. 3 months old) by the home university that the Bachelor’s degree (in the same study field as the intended Master’s programme) will be completed by the end of July 2011 (with list of grades obtained up to now)
- Record of school-leaving examination (i.e. university entrance qualification)
- 2 passport photos
- Copy of passport
Closing date: Applicant’s files have to be submitted in duplicate (two paper copies) before December 10, 2010 to: Universität Bern, International Office, Hochschulstrasse 4, CH-3012 Bern